Tomorrow (Wednesday) morning I leave for an 11-day trip to Slovakia. I’ll be meeting with the Roma Bible translators and staff from The Word for The World Bible Translators for a conference, and then teaching the translators a week of classes on sociolinguistics. I’d appreciate pray for the following:
- Please pray for a safe trip to and from Slovakia, that I will be able to sleep on the overnight flight, that my luggage will make it, and that I will be healthy while I’m there.
- Pray for me as I teach sociolinguistics in Serbian to the Roma Bible translators, that I would be able to explain concepts well and that the translators will learn much that will help them in their translation work.
- I’m not yet ready for my class and would appreciate prayer: a) that I can finish the lecture notes and PowerPoint in time for Monday when the class begins; b) that I can finish grading the assignments for two other classes that the Roma Bible translators have already taken (Process of Bible Translation, and part 1 of Principles of Bible Translation) before the new classes begin.
- Pray for Pamala and the kids while I’m gone. Please pray for a good start to the home school year for Pam, Daniel and Ariela. Pray for health for them and for the cars and household items not to break down while I’m gone!
- As mentioned before, Pam’s mom’s apartment in Belton was flooded and we had to move everything out. Please pray the apartment owners can get the flooring replaced, and that Pam, her sister, her brother-in-law and her mom, can get everything moved back into the apartment soon.
Thank you for your prayers! Here are a few pictures of the fam: