Our van was stolen–please pray
Dear praying friends,
Some of you already know this because of Pam’s e-mail and my Facebook post, but I wanted to make sure that everyone knew. Our car was stolen while I was at language school in Budapest today. (See Pam’s e-mail below if you have not already gotten it.) We discovered it missing from the parking spot on the street at about 12:30 p.m. today. It is now 6:30 p.m. and I am back home from three hours at the police station. We have filed a police report and they will be searching for the car. Auto theft used to be a major problem in Budapest and apparently still is to some degree. If you have a moment, would you pray for the following for us?
1) That the Lord would bless the thief. “But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,” (Matt 5:44); “Do not repay evil for evil or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary, bless, for to this you were called, that you may obtain a blessing.” (1 Pet 3:9)
2) Tomorrow morning we have to go to another government office for another official document. Then we will go to the insurance company. We had full coverage on the car so the insurance company should pay to replace it.
3) It would be wonderful if the car could be found undamaged and returned to us.
4) If it isn’t, please pray that the insurance company would give us enough money to be able to buy a replacement vehicle. And pray that it wouldn’t take too long to process that paperwork and payment.
5) Pray that they would also give us a loaner vehicle. In the meantime, our team leader is loaning us his car.
6) Pray for a reliable replacement that is affordable, in good shape and that still seats 7 which was something really great about our present car.
Thank you for praying.