Decade of Roma Bible translation (2015-2025): The Bible for all Roma
To see Bible translations started for all Roma dialects which still need it in Europe & western Eurasia by 2025, please pray for the following:
- Accurate research to know which of the 85+ dialects need translation
- For local churches, church networks & missions to commit to translation in specific dialects
- Course material to train Romani mother tongue speakers to be developed
- The course materials to be translated into the ‘gateway’ languages of wider communication (e.g., Croatian, Serbian, Bulgarian, Romanian, Russian)
- God to raise up fluent mother tongue speakers of these dialects to form teams to translate
- Accurate, clear and natural translations to be made of key passages
- The passages to be tested in the community & improvements made
- The local team, church & nearby churches to work together to check & test these translations
- Translation to be distributed in print, on Internet, through mobile devices
- First focus is on Croatia and Serbia.
- Funding for all the above.